Event Date: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 17, 2019
The ride is on the Lilydale-Warburton Rail Trail which is a gravel trail suitable for all riders. Starting points (please note distances are the full round trip, with lunch at the halfway mark):-
- Wandin 55km – start 10.30am – The car park is located on Warburton Highway about 300metres before the Wandin Shops if you are coming from Lilydale direction
- Woori Yallock 34km – start 11.15am – The car park is located at the end of Symes Road, Woori Yallock
- Yarra Junction 17km – start 11.45am – The car park is located at the Yarra Junction Reserve area which is on the left hand side of Warburton Highway, Yarra Junction
- Millgrove 8km – start 12.15 noon – The car park is located opposite the Millgrove shops on the right hand side of Warburton Highway.
- Lunch Only – 12.30pm. If you can’t do the actual bike ride, but would like to join us for a gourmet BBQ lunch (including vegetarian& gluten free options), you are most welcome; please indicate your attendance on the registration form for catering purposes. Lunch will be beside the Yarra River in the rotunda adjacent to the Warburton Recreation Reserve.
If you are joining us on the ride or just for lunch, please complete your details below and then enter your payment details.
If you are joining us as part of a team, please indicate “Team Name” in the Comments section.
Date: Sunday 17 November, 2019
Cost: $30 per adult (16 years +), $60 per family (2 adults plus 2 children under 16), $10 per additional child under 16 years.
* The registration fee will go directly to Dementia Australia – Vic Division with lunch being provided with thanks to our major sponsor Eric Insurance and our Volunteers.
After submitting your registration/attendance details, please don’t forget to complete your payment by clicking the payment link below (you will be re-directed to our Ride to Remember Yarra Valley 2019 fundraising page Click Give Now then Select $30 for Individual registration, $60 Family registration or Select your own amount if you would like to contribute a little more to our fundraising.)
Please Submit Payment for Registration – CLICK HERE
When you arrive at your chosen departure point, look out for the green and white balloons and one of our volunteers who will be in Ride to Remember – Yarra Valley t-shirt. Please make sure you make yourself known so they can tick you off the list – we don’t want to leave anyone behind!
The ride is on the Lilydale-Warburton Rail Trail which is a gravel trail suitable for all riders. The trail crosses a number of small roads and also the Warburton Highway a few times. Please make sure you take extreme care when crossing the roads and make sure children dismount when crossing the Warburton Highway.
We would recommend that you have a puncture kit with you just in case of worse case scenario. We will also have a support vehicle to come and pick up anyone who needs help for whatever reason!
Remember, this isn’t a race, just a leisurely Sunday ride to be enjoyed by everyone, so feel free to ride at your own pace, not at the pace of those around you!
Please note riders ride at their own risk
Please be at your departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time
Once lunch is over you can jump back on your bike and head back along the trail at your own pace to where you started.
Thank you! We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 17 November 2019!